MICHIGAN STATE FAIR
RED RIBBON PROGRAM
HOW TO ENTER
Click on Fair book Entries/Deadlines
Click on Home Arts, agriculture or Urban Agriculture to view categories
Fill out entry form to enter your exhibits
Attach your red ribbon certificate - Free to enter with the certificate (up to 10 entries) Mail entries to the Michigan State Fair
Why Show At The Michigan State Fair?
• Connect with other young people who are passionate about agriculture
• Compete with the best in Michigan
• Qualify for Scholarships
• Participate in Michigan’s number one family event
• Qualify to participate in the Michigan State Fair Youth Council
Michigan State Fair Scholarship Program:
• Placing of projects
• Scholarly Performance and application
• Letter of Recommendation Scholarships:
Youth compete for over 20 scholarships
Received a Red Ribbon? Now it’s time to redeem your free entry to the State Fair! Read to learn about the State Fair and how to enter!
WHAT IS IT?
• An opportunity for exhibitors to exhibit the project they completed for their county fair at The Michigan State Fair. How does it work?
• A Michigan State Fair Agricultural Ambassador will visit your county fair and award Red Ribbons to projects at their discretion
• Each Red Ribbon provides a youth with one free entry into The Michigan State Fair over Labor Day Weekend
• Red Ribbon Winners redeem their free entry by imputing the ribbon number in the appropriate spot after completing the registration process for the Michigan State Fair
What is needed from the County Fair?
• Contact information of Superintendent to coordinate Agricultural Ambassador visit
• Access to all exhibitors and their projects